SIXTH COLUMN

"History is philosophy teaching by example." (Lord Bolingbroke)

New Email Address: 6thColumn@6thcolumnagainstjihad.com.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Kudos to Liberty and Culture Blog

As big as the internet is, and as busy as we are these days, too much of value slips under the radar. A comment to one of our blog articles stimulated our curiosity which led to our discovering a fine blog to recommend to our readers: Liberty and Culture. From an initial examination, it looks like this blog started in March of 2004, some three to four months before we did. While we have not yet explored every nook and cranny, we can say that the blogger's approach to matters is like a glass of very cold iced tea on a very hot July day, very refreshing. We will be visiting often, and we hope you will check this site as well. It looks like you will be treated to thought and not pabulum, and you will be given intellectual ammunition instead of just ranting and raving.

3 Comments:

  • At Sat May 21, 08:19:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jason Pappas said…

    Thank you. And congratulations on your blog and website. Indeed, I was pleasantly surprised to find a wealth of intelligent information. I say surprised because I hadn’t found it sooner. We seem to have a problem of promoting our ideas and getting the word out. I started my websites because I saw a need to fill a vacuum that existed in today’s commentary. Now I can refer others to your good works with perhaps a terse introduction to motivate further reading.

    By the way, for those who stopover, don’t hesitate to leave critical comments – both negative as well as positive. I have many questions and welcome all sensible feedback.

     
  • At Sun May 22, 04:29:00 AM PDT, Blogger Always On Watch said…

    I found Liberty and Culture a few weeks ago. It's a site which I now check every day.

     
  • At Sun May 22, 11:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger beakerkin said…

    I also read Liberty and Culure and
    Agree 99% of the time. However book burnings carry negative cultural images.

    I do understand the problem of hypersensitivity towards Islam. I
    have been threatened in NYC for merely discussing the history of Copts and Assyrians. The burning
    of Korans would get people killed.

    Maybe the answer is to host public
    readings of Spenser, Trifkovic and Bat Yeor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home