SIXTH COLUMN

"History is philosophy teaching by example." (Lord Bolingbroke)

New Email Address: 6thColumn@6thcolumnagainstjihad.com.

Friday, July 01, 2005

American Anthem for 2005

I try to stay positive and think really long-range. I actually am positive about the really long-range history for America. Trouble is, it's the short range stuff that just burns the hell out of me:

  • Why GWB fights this "war on terrorism" with his brain tied behind his back (and the blood supply cut off).


  • Why GWB is oblivious to illegal immigration and seems to be on the side of the bad guys regarding our borders. He will not enforce American law.


  • Why GWB is handing the next presidential election to the Dhimmicrats.


  • Why the Dhimmicrats are not brought up on charges of treason.


  • Why otherwise sane Americans reelect Dhimmicrats like Kennedy, Durbin, Byrd, Rockefeller, and almost the entire Democrat Senate and many of the Republican Senate.


  • Why our country serves as "Schmoo" for the world (that was a fictitious critter created by Al Capp as the total embodiment of altruism).


  • Why Americans tolerate universities and their administrations dominated by the likes of Ward Churchills.


  • Why nothing comes from Congress or the White House, with some notable exceptions, about the war on America and Americans being waged by the Supreme Court of the United States.


  • Otherwise sane-seeming Americans kiss the asses of Muslims of the CAIR, ISNA, MSA, and Muslim Brotherhood type, among others.


And, on it goes ...

We are rapidly approaching the birthday of America, on 4 July. Happily revolution is finally brewing in America by Americans for America, in the name of Rights of Man. The Supreme Court set it off, and we can be thankful for that. It is far too early to tell whether this will start the reversal of: of the government, by the government, and for the government. Both liberals and conservatives share the guilt for this "revoltin' situation," to quote Chester Reilly.

Nothing replaces Ray Charles' unbelievably magnificent "America the Beautiful," sung by a man who could hardly carry a tune, but who blew the breath of America into that song. However, we need a good fighting song, to help us "throw the bums out."

I think Merle Haggard's 1970 song, "The Fightin' Side of Me" does it for me.

I hear people talking bad about the way we have to live here in this country
Harping on the wars we fight and gripping about the way things aught to be
Tonight won’t mind them switching sides and standing up for things they believe in
When you’re running down my country, man you’re walking on the fighting side of me


Yeah walking on the fighting side of me
Running down a way of life
I fight and fought and died to try to keep
If you don’t love it, leave it; let this song I’m singing be a warning
When you’re running down my country, man you’re walking on the fighting side of me


I read about some squirrelly guy who claims he just don’t believe in
fighting
And I wonder just how long the rest of us can count on being free
They love our milk and honey but they preach about some other way of living
When you’re running down my country, Hoss you’re walking on the fighting side of me


Yeah walking on the fighting side of me
Running down a way of life I fight and fought and died to try to keep
If you don’t love it, leave it; let this song I’m singing be a warning
When you’re running down my country, man you’re walking on the fighting side of me


Yeah walking on the fighting side of me
Running down a way of life I fight and fought and died to try to keep
If you don’t love it, leave it; let this song I’m singing be a warning
When you’re running down my country, man you’re walking on the fighting side of me



Merle does this song beautifully. In 1970, it spoke to the revoltin' scum--the utter valueless, utterly worthless, and utterly anti-American "youth"--who shoved their unwashed faces into ours, Those scum of 1970 now fill our university teaching positions, our bureaus and political offices, journalism, and Hollywood. America's problems of today belong mostly to them, who caused it--but also to us, who allowed it.

This birthday of America demands that we Americans rise up and take back our country. We can do it legally, without initiated violence. Let's welcome July and our taking back our freedom to this tune by Merle Haggard.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home