SIXTH COLUMN

"History is philosophy teaching by example." (Lord Bolingbroke)

New Email Address: 6thColumn@6thcolumnagainstjihad.com.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Demoralization as a Primary Weapon

Folks,

Another Marine from the same unit that has suffered so many losses in the past few days has been shot dead.

I'm not in the military, so my perspective from that source is limited at best. BUT. If I were a terrorist, I would ask myself, "What would be the psychological effect of the destruction of all, or at least a very large part of, a single unit of some kind?"

The answer, of course, is that it would be very demoralizing, and demoralization is their biggest, baddest weapon. Our own "psy-ops"--you know, loud, obnoxious music, leaflets, panties on heads, nearby presences of the hated dog--pale in comparison with the effect of the destruction of an entire unit. Oh, I'm sure we do more than that (at least I hope so), but you get my drift.

If I had to guess, though, I would say that the ongoing attacks on Regimental Combat Team 2 of the IInd Marine Expeditionary Force, a reserve unit from Cleveland, Ohio, may well be more than just ordinary combat.

If I had to guess, I would say that somewhere in the terrorist hierarchy, someone was thinking, "If we can kill all or most of an entire unit, their families would probably demand that we pull out of Iraq."

And, in fact, that seems to be happening in Cleveland.

Maybe the terrorists will be able to kill more, maybe not--but if this is their plan, we can count on seeing more attempts along those lines. The terrorists obviously can't take us on using the traditional methods of warfare, so they "develop" weapons such as this.

Virtually everything they do is aimed at demoralization, a favorite strategy of their Perfect Man, Mohammad. It is a weapon that gives the greatest bang for the buck, and besides, there are a lot of Muslims who regard implementing it as a fun sport.

What does it take for our President to get rid of the likes of advisor Grover Norquist (and his Muslim bride, according to Paul Sperry), find out just a little, teensy, weensy bit of the awful truth about Islam and "get real"?

Our country's survival is at stake, and I, for one, refuse to sacrifice it on the altar of some misplaced respect for Islam.

Islam delenda est.

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Aug 05, 03:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger Cubed © said…

    Jimgoism,

    That's the impression I have too--that more and more of us are "getting it." Almost everyone I speak to says something about some sort of preparation, from upgrading weapons to refreshing skills, to discussing what to do "just in case..."

    I find all that intensely American, and I'm so happy that the Postmodernists haven't been able to beat it out of us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home