Subject: ILLEGAL ALIENS - HITTING THE NAIL ON THE HEAD
This message came on my personal account. The letter format to Senator Frist may not be authentic, by the sentiment and the content are genuine:
I have not validated the author of this. I received it from a friend in Nevada. Please read it with that in mind.
This letter sent to Senator Frist from a retired border patrol agent has more common sense than all the bull being spewed from the Senate, with the exception of a few sensible representatives. Anyway, this guy has it together and shows the rhetoric for what it is.
Dear Senator Frist:
There is a huge amount of propaganda and myths circulating about "Illegal Aliens", particularly "Illegal Mexican, Salvadorian, Guatemalan and Honduran Aliens".
1. "Illegal Aliens" generally do NOT want U.S. citizenship. Americans are very vain thinking that everybody in the world wants to be a U.S.citizen. Mexicans, and other nationalities want to remain citizens of their home countries while obtaining the benefits offered by the United States such as employment, medical care, in-state tuition, government subsidized housing and free education for their offspring. Their main attraction is employment and their loyalty usually remains at home. They want benefits earned and subsidized by middle class Americans. What"Illegal Aliens" want are benefits of American residence without paying the price.
2. There are no jobs that Americans won't do. "Illegal Aliens" are doing jobs that Americans can't take and still support their families. "Illegal Aliens" take low wage jobs, live dozens in a single residence home, share expenses and send money to their home country. There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a decent wage.
3. Every person who illegally entered this nation left a home. They are NOT homeless and they are NOT Americans. Some left jobs in their home countries. They come to send money to their real home as evidenced by the more than 20 billion dollars sent out of the country each year by "Illegal Aliens". These "Illegal aliens" knowingly and willfully entered this nation in violat ion of the law and therefore assumed the risk of detection and deportation. Those who brought their alien children assumed the responsibility and risk on behalf of their children.
4. "Illegal Aliens" are NOT critical to the economy. "Illegal Aliens" constitute less than 5% of the workforce. However, they reduce wages and benefits for lawful U.S. residents.
5. This is NOT an immigrant nation. There are 280 million native born Americans. While it is true that this nation was settled and founded by immigrants (Legal Immigrants), it is also true that there is not a nation on this planet that was not settled by immigrants at one time or another.
6. The United States is welcoming to "Legal Immigrants. "Illegal Aliens" are NOT immigrants by definition. The U.S. accepts more lawful immigrants every year than the rest of the world combined.
7. There is no such thing as the "Hispanic Vote". Hispanics are white, brown, black and every shade in between. Hispanics are Republicans, Democrats, Anarchists, Communists, Marxists and Independents. The so-called "Hispanic Vote" is a myth. Pandering to "Illegal Aliens" to get the Hispanic Vote is a dead end.
8. Mexico is NOT a friend of the United States. Since 1848 Mexicans have resented the United States.
a) During World War I Mexico allowed German Spies to operate freely in Mexico to spy on the U.S.
b) During World War II Mexico allowed the Axis powers to spy on the U.S. from Mexico.
c) During the Cold War Mexico allowed spies hostile to the U.S. to operate freely.
d) The attack on the Twin Towers in 2001 was cheered and applauded all across Mexico.
e) Today Mexican school children are taught that the U.S. stole California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. If you don't believe it, check out so me Mexican textbooks written for their schoolchildren.
9. Although some "Illegal Aliens" enter this country for a better life, there are 6 billion people on this planet. At least 1 billion of those live on less than one dollar a day. If wanting a better life is a valid excuse to break the law and sneak into America, then let's allow those one billion to come to America and we'll turn the USA into a Third World nation overnight.
Besides, there are 280 million native born Americans who want a better life.I'll bet Bill Gates and Donald Trump want a better life. When will the USA lifeboat be full? Since when is wanting a better life a good reason to trash another nation?
10. There is a labor shortage in this country: This is a lie. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of American housewives, senior citizens, students, unemployed and underemployed who would gladly take jobs at a decent wage.
11. It is racist to want secure borders:
a) What is racist about wanting secure borders and a secure America?
b) What is racist about not wanting people to sneak into America and steal benefits we have set aside for legal aliens, senior citizens, children and other legal residents?
c) What is it about race that entitles people to violate our laws, steal identities, and take the American Dream without paying the price?
For about four decades American politicians have refused to secure our borders and look after the welfare of middle class Americans. These politicians have been of both parties. A huge debt to American society has resulted.
This debt will be satisfied and the interest will be high. There have already been riots in the streets by "Illegal Aliens" and their supporters. There will be more. You, as a politician, have a choice to offend the "Illegal Aliens" who have stolen i nto this country and demanded the rights afforded to U.S. citizens or to offend those of us who are stakeholders in this country. The interest will be steep either way.
There will be civil unrest. There will be a reckoning. Do you have the courage to do what is right for America? Or, will you bow to the wants and needs of those who don't even have the right to remain here? There will be a reckoning. It will come in November of this year, again in 2008 and yet again in 2010. We will not allow America to be stolen by third world agitators and thieves.
David J. Stoddard.
U.S. Border Patrol (RET).
A lot of food for thought here.
I resent attempts to extort citizenship and benefits from the United States and by attempts to shift the burden of guilt from the governments and cultures of the illegal aliens to the citizens and government of the United States. I also resent attepts by thoser that have a vision of a one-world order, one world government, or an integrated globalized society that are attempting to foist social changes on us that we Americans don't want.