SIXTH COLUMN

"History is philosophy teaching by example." (Lord Bolingbroke)

New Email Address: 6thColumn@6thcolumnagainstjihad.com.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A New 9/11 Memorial


Folks,

I just came back from visiting a site that is proposing a project that may interest many of you. "D" is recruiting 2996 volunteers, each of whom would create a tribute to one of the victims of the 9/11 attack; these will be posted as a memorial on September 11, 2006.

I have copied information from the site, and invite you to visit it too:


Tuesday, June 6th, 2006, 5:26 pm

2,996

Edited 6/17/06:

The project has progressed quite a bit from the time of this post.For up to date information on 2,996 visit the 2,996 blog.

Original post follows:

2,996 is an effort to bring together 2,996 bloggers in a massive memorial to the victims of 9/11.
On September 11, 2006, the 5th anniversary of the attacks, 2,996 bloggers will each post a memorial to one victim. We will remember the innocent victims of that day–we will not remember the murderers.

I’ve set up a page devoted to this tracking this effort: http://www.dcroe.com/2996. And over the next week or two, I’ll be adding news and a participants list to the page to give everyone a place to go for information about 2,996.

How can you join? Leave a comment, here or at the original post, and I’ll assign you a person killed on 9/11. Then all you need to do is post a tribute to that person on September 11, 2006.
I still need a good bit of helpI need graphics…specifically:

1. A graphic or button to drop into sidebars.
2. A banner.
3. Something tasteful for the 2,996 page.

But most of all I need publicity. Right now I have about 50 volunteers. That’s a little bit less that 2% of the total needed. Luckily there are still 97 days until 9/11 so there is still time to get more bloggers to join.

Thanks. I thank those who submitted suggestions for names for this project. I went with a suggestion from Jeni because I felt it had a great impact.

I also am thankful to those of you who have helped out by posting about this initiative on your own blogs.

This is still a long way from happening, but I hope I/we can pull it off. I think it would be an inspiring way to remember so much of what was important about 2,996 unique individuals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home