Whom to Get Behind, and Whom to Get in Front of
Get behind Representative Peter King (R-NY). Rep. King represents Long Island, and he lost many friends in the 9-11 events. He is spearheading the House of Representatives effort to examine the Dubai Ports World (DPW) contract BEFORE it takes effect and reserving the option to accept the contract or void it.
Rep. King was interviewed Tuesday afternoon by talk show host Michael Savage. He said that the entire DPW contract vetting was rubber-stamped. "Examination" consisted of asking if there was anything negative in the files of every agency represented on the secret CFIUS (Committee for Foreign Investment in the United States). That is pathetically superficial and totally unacceptable. Talk show host Neil Boortz says that he is going to publish information on his website which backs the rumor that NO DISCLOSURE before the contract took effect was part of the deal, at the insistence of DPW-UAE.
Radio talk show host Michael Savage is the only right wing talk show host we have heard who sees this issue for what it is and says so. He has called the DPW issue "the Trojan Ship." And, he is right.
From the Fox News website, some stuff you should know about Dubai:
Fast Facts: Dubai's Terror Ties, Wednesday, February 22, 2006One might conclude that things are a bit loose in Dubai, n'est pa?
WASHINGTON — The United Arab Emirates has not had a major terrorist attack. But its largest city, Dubai, is a banking center that is believed to attract funds from groups such as Al Qaeda. Some of Dubai's brushes with terror groups:
— In 2004, Qari Saifullah Akhtar, a Pakistani suspected of training thousands of Al Qaeda fighters, was arrested in the UAE and turned over to officials in his homeland.
— In 2002, Emirati authorities arrested and turned over to the United States Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, the suspected mastermind of the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 U.S. sailors. UAE officials said he had planned to attack economic targets in the Emirates and inflict high casualties. He was sentenced to death in absentia by a Yemeni court. Al-Nashiri was also suspected of helping direct the 1998 bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.
— The father of Pakistan's nuclear program, Abdul Qadeer Khan, has acknowledged heading a clandestine group that, with the help of a Dubai company, supplied Pakistani nuclear technology to Iran, Libya and North Korea. The head of U.N.'s nuclear watchdog agency, Mohamed ElBaradei, has said the UAE was among more than 20 countries with a role in the nuclear black market.
— A 2004 report from the U.S. commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks found 11 Saudi hijackers had traveled to the United States via the airport in Dubai.
— Osama bin Laden's alleged financial manager, Mustafa Ahmed al-Hisawi, received a Dubai bank transfer of $15,000 two days before the Sept. 11 attacks and then left the UAE for Pakistan, where he was arrested in 2003.
— Marwan Al-Shehhi, a UAE citizen and one of the Sept. 11 hijackers, received $100,000 via the UAE. Another Sept. 11 hijacker, Fayez Banihammad, also was from the Emirates.
— About half the $250,000 spent on the Sept. 11 attacks was wired to Al Qaeda terrorists in the United States from Dubai banks, authorities said. Al Qaeda money in Dubai banks also has been linked to the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania.
Now, whom to get in front of?
- Talk show hosts Rush Limbaugh and Tony Snow who are Bush sycophants and run daily three hour claques in support of this DPW contract abomination. There may be other right wing talk show hosts like these two, but we cannot suppress the nausea long enough to find out.
- Robert Dole, former Senator, United States. He has been hired by DPW to lobby for them to implement this contract. Dole is best known for what he would call the "art of compromise." This takes the form of half-of-any-proposal. E.g., should everyone "drink the Kool-Aid? No, just half.
- George W. Bush, who knew nothing allegedly about this deal until it surfaced but wants to veto any opposition. Given his half-assed war in Iraq and his management of illegal immigration, it is time to send him far, far away and let Cheney "git 'r done."
- The Right Wing princes of pragmatism, wherever they may be found. They trumpet the "race card," since doing so fits their agenda. One could accuse them of blind faith, but it will suffice simply to accuse them of blindness. This includes Fred Barnes, Morton Kondracke, and Bill O'Reilly of Fox News.
- The Left Wing, who are using this issue solely to gore the Republican and Bushie oxes, solely to wrest power back, since it serves their anti-American agenda. They could care less about national security.
- Forbes' Team. Fox News presents the Forbes financial team on Saturdays and during the week on Neil Cavuto's program. The more we see of the Forbes team, the more we wonder why Forbes allows such numbskulls to represent his company. It says a lot that they do. On Tuesday, 22 February, they caterwauled from the right and the left about how bad opposing the DPW contract was for America and the future. Why, opposition made the USA look weak, Arabophobic, and untrustworthy as an ally. We would be seen as "offending" an ally. Afterall, this contract had been properly scrutinized and vetted. (If you believe this, see what Rep. Peter King said about this so-called "vetting process" in paragraph 3 (above).
- Anyone who fails to grasp, given all the evidence of today, that the salient issue here is that UAE are totally dominated by Islam, and DPW is wholly owned by the State. It is Islam, Stupid, not Arabs! Islam declared itself at war with us and seeks quite explicitly to destroy us; Islamists promise anything to enemies but keep allegiance only with Islamists. So, if they are not screwing us right now, it is because they are awaiting a better opportunity.
- Anyone who also fails to grasp that any company having a major role in running port operations must, by definition, be given vital security information. In an Islamic cesspool, the chances are very high that such information will be used against us.
As that fine American, Earl Pitts, says: Wake up, America!